POSITION TITLE: Press Helper
POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead Operator
STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
SCHEDULE: As Schedule Dictates
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide direct support to the printing process in an effort to ensure quality of product while maintaining above average production rates.
- Know and follow all safety procedures
- Maintain goals and procedures established by the department.
- Prepare the printing press for operation.
- Gather inks, stock, and plate cyclinders.
- Fit bushings, gears, and side-to-side cylinders.
- Load set-up film on to press
- Unwrap and tape down plates
- Check ink viscosity as per ink sheet
- While press is running, perform general maintenance around the press area. Prepare pre-make ready for the next work order.
- Assist the press operator in changing of plate cylinders, antilock rollers, fountain rollers and blade assemblies. Operate a hoist device for the installation and removal of cylinders, rollers and blade assemblies.
- Remove old ink, stock, plate cylinders, rollers and blade assemblies.
- Assist the press operator in observing the web to ensure quality of print.
- Assist press crew as needed.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by management.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EDUCTION REQUIRED:
- Able to follow directions and effectively function as part of a team.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good color acuity.
- Basic math skills.
- High school education or its equivalent preferred.