POSITION TITLE: Press Operator
POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead Operator
STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
SCHEDULE: Four/Ten hour shifts per week
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide direct support to the printing operation(s) by producing quality product and maintaining above average production rates.
- Know and follow all safety procedures.
- Maintain goals and procedures established by the department.
- Prepare the printing press for operation.
- Gather inks, stock, and plate cyclinders.
- Fit bushings, gears, and side-to-side cylinders.
- Load set-up film on to press
- Unwrap and tape down plates
- Check ink viscosity as per ink sheet
- While press is running, perform general maintenance around the press area. Prepare pre-make ready for the next work order.
- Change the plate cylinders, antilock rollers, fountain rollers and blade assemblies. Operate a hoist device for the installation and removal of cylinders, rollers and blade assemblies.
- Perform necessary quality check requirements and complete related paperwork.
- Maintain accurate paperwork including job tickets and roll tickets.
- Train press helpers and maintenance personnel on the operation of the press equipment.
- Assist press crew as needed.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by management.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EDUCTION REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated experience in the flexo printing industry.
- Good color acuity.
- Mechanical ability.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Able to give and receive direction.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- High school education or its equivalent preferred.